Dear Answer Hub,
Maybe someone can help. I am trying to create a functional installer with the “Inno Setup Compiler”. But I end up with a “Failed to open descriptor file” error, upon launching the application. Both from the created shortcut on desktop and start menu, and the post- installation dialogue.
- In the Inno Setup Script wizard, it asks you for the Application files
- I’m pointing towards my exe inside in the the cooked and packaged output folder C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Folder1\Folder2\WindowsNoEditor\Game_PC\Binaries\Win32\MyGame_PC.exe
- I then add the game directory with all the files and sub directories.
- It gives then options if the user should have the option to make start menu and desktop shortcuts.
- It’s ultimately those shortcuts who will not function, giving the “Failed to open descriptor file” error.