Inline struct editing doesn't work in foliage settings

I have a struct ( USTRUCT()) that I can edit just fine in pretty much any object, for instance in UPrimitiveComponent:

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly, AdvancedDisplay, Category = Lighting)
FLightingChannelContainer LightingChannels;

22834-channels.png

However, adding the very same two lines to UFoliageType has a somewhat incomplete effect:

I.e. the struct cannot be expanded and edited inline. The only way to edit it is to make modifications on the same struct somewhere else and copy/paste it around. This is obviously a suboptimal workflow.

EDIT: Actually, we can just open the thing up in the Property Matrix and there the struct is fully accessible again, but it would be neat if this additional step could be avoided.

Any recommendations?

Hi ,

Could you provide a little more information about this issue? What version of the Engine are you using (and are you using the Binary version, or did you build the Engine from source code)? Could you provide a few more details about how you are setting up the struct and trying to use it?

Apologies for not providing those up front. The version is 4.6, built from source, no custom changes to UI code whatsoever.

The struct is nothing fancy, just a bunch of booleans:

USTRUCT()
struct FLightingChannelContainer
{
	GENERATED_USTRUCT_BODY()

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = LightingChannels, meta = (DisplayName = "Static"))
	uint32	Channel0 : 1;
	// ...
};

This struct is simply added to UFoliageType as per my original post.

Hi ,

Thank you for the additional information that you provided. I was able to reproduce the issue that you have described, and I have entered a ticket about the issue to have it investigated further (UE-6815).