Initial Weapon Ammo

We are aware that the value of “Initial Weapon Ammo” on some existing devices is being overridden with the value of “0”. The workaround is for creators to check the devices listed below, ensure all settings are correct, and submit an update to moderation.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t understand what the “correct” settings should be to have weapons spawned from an ItemSpawner to have a full clip. I’m using Creative 1.0. No matter what I set the value of “Initial Weapon Ammo” to, my weapons always spawned with no ammo. After a ton of testing, I found the following steps to work 100% of the time for me, though this is clearly a workaround to a bug:

1. Set the value of “Initial Weapon Ammo” to a value of 999.
  2. Start your game. Your gun will still not be loaded.
  3. Quit the game. Set the value of “Initial Weapon Ammo” to a value of “Don’t Override”.
  4. Start your game. The weapon is now loaded with a full clip.

So far, it is the only series of steps I’ve found to have a weapon loaded with a full clip from an ItemSpawner.

EDIT: Update to the above. For new ItemSpawners, it appears the vaule of “Initial Weapon Ammo” is set to “Don’t Override” and works as desired (weapons spawn fully loaded). For EXISTING spawners on your map, the steps I outlined was the only way I could find to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Choosing the initial weapon ammo depends on several factors, including the type of weapon you’re using, your playstyle, and the situation you anticipate encountering. Here are some general guidelines:

1. Versatility: If you’re unsure of what you’ll be facing, opting for a balanced ammo type that offers good performance across different situations can be a wise choice. For example, standard ammunition or a well-rounded caliber could be a safe bet.

2. Specialization: If you have a specific role or strategy in mind, choosing ammo tailored to that purpose can be beneficial. For example, armor-piercing rounds might be useful if you anticipate facing heavily armored opponents, while hollow-point or expanding rounds could be effective for close-quarters combat.

3. Availability: Consider the availability of ammunition in the game world. Choosing a type of ammo that is commonly found or easily replenished can save you trouble later on.

4. Enemy Types: If you know the types of enemies you’ll be facing early in the game, you can choose ammo that is particularly effective against them. For example, if you’ll be encountering mostly human enemies, standard ball ammunition might suffice. If you’re up against armored foes or creatures with tough hides, armor-piercing rounds could be more effective.

5. Environment: Consider the environment you’ll be operating in. If you expect to engage in long-range combat, choosing ammunition with good accuracy and range might be advantageous. Conversely, if you anticipate fighting in confined spaces, ammo with good stopping power at close range could be more important.

Ultimately, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer, and experimentation and adaptation based on your experiences in the game will likely be necessary.