Ingame painting and welding for simulation

Hey everyone,

I’m an robot developer and recently Nvidia released an robot framework isaac for robot development which use UE4 as one of it’s major simulator. Now I’m trying to build a simulated assemble line like this as environment to training robots producing cars, and I got stuck on the first step.

After successfully import my robot into the UE4 world, I need to add a tool to my robots so that they could interact with this world. The first thing I want to build is a simple painting gun / spray nozzle which could change the color of mesh just like the game Splatoon2 in game mode not edit mode. The second thing I want to make is a welding gun that can weld two separate physic item together when robot properly weld the sim between them.

I’m wondering that is there any suggestions to create this two tools? Recommendation for assets in marketplace is also welcome. The system can only run on Ubuntu18 with UE4 4.20 and I’m not sure if this is a strong limitation for importing assets.

Thanks in advance.

As someone who buffs scratches out of glass for a living I would love to see this on somebody’s car.