Influencer Super Cyborg | Live Link Facial Capture | UE4 Short Animation

Hi everyone!

I’m Levent, a filmmaker from Turkey.

Check out my new Unreal Engine 4 short animation.

Short animation is about a Super Cyborg who tries to become an Influencer in the Metaverse but he has some problems with his followers.

This is my first unreal engine animation, i wanted to create a realistic animation, some eye-catching camera moves and show how well live link’s facial capture works!

Programs I use and details:
Unreal Engine 4 (Animations, Render, Scene setup)
Metahuman Creator
Substance Painter (Cyborg’s face)
Live Link App (Facial Capture)
Audition (Sound Design)
After Effects + Premiere Pro (Composition)

System Hardware:
Rtx3060 12gb, i7700k, 64gb ram
Facial Capture Device: iPhone 12

3 Likes

Nice! Cool how you modified the metahumans face texture. Did you dig into the metahuman original face material and replace/add textures?

Also like how you overlayed the original face cap, nice for reference!

The way the cyborg was paused in just the right moments to give this crazy confident vibe is brilliant. Great story telling and super impressive face capture1 It looked smooth and not twitchy like some metahumans can be. Wonderful work :smiley:

Yes, I added textures/modified the original metahuman files using substance painter, thanks glad you like it!

in scenario the cyborg is a bit narcissistic and you’re right he’s crazy confident person. :smile: He actually underestimates humanity so facial expressions had to look like appropriate for this personality. it was hard to act it, i re-recorded it many times.

thanks for feedback, so glad you like it!

1 Like