Infiltrator Demo opening issues

Hi,

Forgive me if this is elsewhere in the forums. I did a quick search but did not find it.

I recently got the latest engine version and downloaded the infiltrator demo. I get stuck at 95% opening status. The PC returns an error stating memory is full and to close programs or restart and try again. So even waiting a long time does nothing.

tried lowering the resolution in the config file as indicated by other users on the answer hub, but still no go.

I have a high end spec system and 16 Gig ram. Do I really need 32 gig?

Thanks

What GPU do you have and how much vram does it have?

I have i5 6600k @ 3.2 Ghz, 16 gig ram and 2 x ATI 6950 GPU’s (each with 1 gig v RAM)

Short term goal is open the demo and let it run to see how it all comes together. Long term goal is decide what elements I like, see how they were made and then re-create some in a new Demo I am wanting to start.

How does one open only sections or maps when I can only create the demo into a new project file as is?

It first displays the pop up that it is opening the demo, gets to 95% and hangs. I check task manager and the CPU is at 100% use slowly all of my 16 gig of ram eventually gets used. After a few minutes of CPU at 100% and RAM at 100% use, the ram use dies off and an error message pops up stating that there is not enough memory and that I need to close programs or restart and try again.

I think I do need better GPU’s (since I am waiting till mid year when the next gen cards come out) but this may be more of a mem use issue, or both…