Download

Infiltrator Demo opening issues

Hi,

Forgive me if this is elsewhere in the forums. I did a quick search but did not find it.

I recently got the latest engine version and downloaded the infiltrator demo. I get stuck at 95% opening status. The PC returns an error stating memory is full and to close programs or restart and try again. So even waiting a long time does nothing.

tried lowering the resolution in the config file as indicated by other users on the answer hub, but still no go.

I have a high end spec system and 16 Gig ram. Do I really need 32 gig?

Thanks

What GPU do you have and how much vram does it have?

What’s the ultimate goal to run the demo or open sections and take them apart?
Either way, the first time you try to open or run this it will have heaps of shader work to do…
But you can open individual sections w/o trying to load everything… There’s maybe 5-10 maps.

I have i5 6600k @ 3.2 Ghz, 16 gig ram and 2 x ATI 6950 GPU’s (each with 1 gig v RAM)

Short term goal is open the demo and let it run to see how it all comes together. Long term goal is decide what elements I like, see how they were made and then re-create some in a new Demo I am wanting to start.

How does one open only sections or maps when I can only create the demo into a new project file as is?

Actually the GPU is at the lower end of bare minimum with very little vram…
UE4 can’t leverage 2 GPUs either if I remember right, do a search on that…
So not sure what your performance is going to be like to be blunt…
What happens when you try to open the InfiltratorDemo2 project?
Go to task manager are the shader workers busy? How long have you left it…

It first displays the pop up that it is opening the demo, gets to 95% and hangs. I check task manager and the CPU is at 100% use slowly all of my 16 gig of ram eventually gets used. After a few minutes of CPU at 100% and RAM at 100% use, the ram use dies off and an error message pops up stating that there is not enough memory and that I need to close programs or restart and try again.

I think I do need better GPU’s (since I am waiting till mid year when the next gen cards come out) but this may be more of a mem use issue, or both…

My rigs have 12 Gb only, similar spec GPU. So its probably vram.
One other thing you can try, but you still won’t run the whole demo…
Copy the infiltrator content folder to a new project or other demo.
Filter the Content Browser to show level files. They try to open one…