India creates history.

I meant that India was the first country to be successful in it’s first mars mission.

You got it right.

While I agree with you that better access to information and lessons learned from other’s mistakes has really helped them, I believe what they achieved is remarkable. After all, all the nations on earth had access to these information and some of them even had more money to spend, but it is the Indians that actually managed to do it!

That’s because other countries work with NASA. I’d consider it remarkable if they sent it to Europa or somth.

Definitely it is remarkable. I was only pointing out that there’s nothing really outstanding in being “the first who successfully launched a spacecraft without failing previously” because failures are part of the normal development process. This doesn’t change the fact that launching a spacecraft to Mars is a great achievement by itself.

So I was thinking I’d check out the off-topic forums. What a mistake. Let’s say I’m glad the developer sections at least show some quality in the discussions.

I did a successful bowel movement today. Although that doesn’t sound overly amazing I have failed in the last few attempts so for me it was rather momentous.