Download

Increasing Harvest Amounts Per Item

Hello guys, so I am having trouble increasing the amount I harvest on a per item basis. Ex. I want to harvest fiber, wood, thatch, and stone 10 times faster but I only want to harvest metal, hide, chitin/keratin 5 times faster. I have tried editing my “harvest resource item amount class multipliers” in my game mode file and that seems to do nothing. the class name I have put down for them is “PrimalItemResource_Fibers”, “PrimalItemResource_Wood”, “PrimalItemResource_Stone”, etc. maybe that is not right? I have tried looking at several different threads but couldnt find anything that works.

As far as I can tell everything is pointed correctly like my “default game mode” in my modded game data is pointed to my modded game mode file and the “Primal Game Data Override” in the world settings of my mod has been changed to point at my modded primal game data.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing as well. I wanted to make some dinos gather more resources than they currently do.

Here are my suggestions.

Take a look at damage types for each item you are trying to modify. Dinos have damage types that allow them to gather resources, and I’m sure equipment does to.

In addition to this, take a look at the Harvest Components. I’m not sure where they are located, but I’m pretty sure its an iteraction between harvest component and damage type which controls how much resources you get.

After some messing around it turns out all I had to do was add _C to the end of the class. i.e. “PrimalItemResource_Fibers_C”. I only had to mess with the harvest resource item amount class multiplier in the game mode bp.

FYI - Editing the gamemode requires your mod to load first.

Ty for the tips! so I wanted to also increase the stack size and so for that I had to make a child of a lot of the items i.e. fiber, thatch, wood, stone, hide, charcoal, etc. Which make the multiplier stop working so I changed the “Harvest Resource Item Amount Class Multiplier” to include …_Child_C well even after doing that the mulitplier still would not work. Then I went in to the “Primary Resources” in the Game Data and changed all of that to …_Child and still nothing. The last attempt I made was also “Remap Resource Component” in the Game Data and changed everthing from …_Fibers to …_Fibers_Child aaaaaaand still nothing D: