Increased Delay since level converted to World Partition

Hi there, I just converted a huge level to a World-Partition.

I notice a delay between hitting on the play button on the editor, and the effective start playing.

Before that, on one vast level, the delay was 3 seconds.
But since its world partition, this delay has increased to 13 seconds.
Tested with all cells loaded or unloaded, that does not affect that delay apparently.

Is that normal ?
I want to reduce that delay to the same time before using World-Partitioning, if that possible.
Thanks for your help !

2 Likes

Hi cosmogonies,

We’re seeing the exact same problem, except it’s a much much longer delay this is probably proportional to the number of actors loading. For example, our World Composition PIE loading time was between anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, and now it’s something like over 3 minutes.

Travelling from another world can take upwards of 10 minutes in editor for no apparent reason, when it used to take 30 seconds or so in editor.

The engine appears to utilize all available RAM too (in my case 64GB).

Good idea, we’ll do that!

I don’t know the answer, but use the profiler tool to see what function is taking up a lot of time. Then that will give you a hint of where to debug.

Is there a solution to this problem? A world partitioned project causes a delay of 15 seconds before entering play mode (in the editor) whereas the same non-world-partion project starts in 3 seconds.

That’s a big problem for iterative workflows. Are there any thoughts given to that issue by Epic?

I have the same issue. Still looking for a solution :slight_smile:

We haven’t found a solution for this issue. The waiting time before entering PIE makes this option unusable and as a result we’re pivoting away from using world partitioning for now. Maybe things will improve in 5.4 but yeah, not ready for prime-time yet…