Increase Water Transparency In New Water Feature

So I am going to go ahead and apologize up front if this has been answered before, but I could not find it. Having said that my kids hate sleep and have me running on nothing but Caffeine and hope at the moment so my search skill may just be lacking today.

As the title suggests I am trying to improve the translucency of the new water feature. Essentially, I am trying to get almost perfect clarity down to about 600 units with the ability to still make out the broad strokes at about 900 units when looking into the water from above. Think the sand flats in the Bahamas.

I have been playing around with it and just have not figured it out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Masoric

Please disregard. A good night sleep and I figured it out.

Don’t keep us all in suspense – someone else may have the same question!
What particular parameter change got you to the place you wanted to be?
If nothing else, the next guy on Google wants to know :smiley:

1 Like

My Apologies. I am so new at this I figured everyone knew more then me (and they probably do). As cool as this water feature is I ended up not being able to use it for my project due to the fact that I need alot more variation in the ocean floor then what it seems to allow.

But I went to create a sample level to explain what I did.

At the end of the day I mainly just started working with two values.

I created 4 blocks of various levels 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 units from the bottom of the ocean and stuck a fish on each.

BaseMaterial

After that all I did was go in and change “A” value of scattering under “Global Vector Parameter Values”. I changed it from 0.5 to 0.1

And then I changed absorption A value from 8 to 12 and came up with this final product.

FinalMaterial

I am sure there is alot more that could be done to make it better but that is about when I figured out it would not work for my project.

I should add that the change seemed much more pronounced in the ocean component then the lake material. However, for some reason the ocean was not working for me this morning, so I had to recreate with the lake.

Regards,
Masoric

1 Like