Increase progress bar percent slowly over time?

Hello,

I want to increase a progress bar slowly over time. How can i go about doing this? I know how to set percents but i want it to slowly increase over time by 0.1. I tried adding delays but it was really not very smooth. It was jumping from 0.1 to 0.5 without filling 0.2-0.4 percent first. Anyone have any ideas?

theres two methods i can think of off hand: first you could use a timeline to set the value which would allow a smooth transition, second you could use a timer if you wanted a more incremental fill.both methods are fairly simple. with the timeline you could just make a curve that goes from 0-1 over a given time and you can make it go at a linear or non linear fill speed as desired. if you need more info on these methods let me know.

you may also look into the interp nodes but as its not something i use alot i cant help with that.

How would i go about adding a timeline? That sounds like exactly i want to do! Thanks for the help :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

the way i did it when i tested it was to create a variable in the widget called BarProgress of type float and bound the progress bar percent to the variable. then i went to where i was creating the variable (in the character BP for simplicity) and i used a create widget then add to viewport all the basic steps. from here you want to right click on the graph and search for timeline. then double click the timeline node which will bring up the curve editor. create a float track by pressing the f+ button near the top. then create two points on the graph by shift clicking and set their time and value. next back in the event graph drag off the return pin of the create widget node and search for the variable you created in the widget and do a set. connect the variable to the update and the float track pins of the timeline.

in the below picture you will see how i had it setup. for testing i had it bound to the Q input key and destroyed the bar when completed.

1 Like

Worked like a charm!! Thank you so much for the help. Iā€™m learning, but just takes me a little bit of time since i am new. Thank you very much for all the help you provided on this question!! :slight_smile:

no problem glad it helped