Increase Mouse Scroll Speed in Content Browser

It seems to me that it currently isn’t possible to alter the number of lines that the scroll wheel moves in the content browser or details window. Windows settings don’t seem to have any effect in Unreal Engine. Sometimes scrolling through a long list of things can be tedious at a slow pace and it would really help to have a setting to alter the scroll speed. Unless I missed it and there is a setting hidden somewhere, in 5.3?

Hey @psychoblizzard9!

Typically this means you need to organize your content browser a little bit! :slight_smile:

However, if it’s going VERY slow, that could be a sign of something different. Because my experience has been about 1 row per tick of the wheel. Is yours slower than that?

(post deleted by author)

If I use tiles in the content browser then it takes 8 ticks to move 1 row of tiles down. The details window or outlines move at about 1 to 1.5 lines per tick. My usual setting for windows and browsers are 4 lines per tick so it does feel slow in comparison.

It’s true that my content is not that well organised, well guessed :slight_smile: I suppose I probably will have to improve in that respect. There is a lot of inevitable scrolling though; those details windows can get very long too, and it would be nice to have the option of going faster.

Yeah, that’s super slow. :frowning:
I tried to find a setting as well and couldn’t. Though, have you tried using a different mouse? As different as possible? I even tried adjusting the DPI on my mouse to see if that would affect it, no dice. I have noticed using a different mouse can return a different amount of “clicks” per scroll, though, so I figure it’d be worth trying!

When you mentioned “different amount of ‘clicks’ per scroll” it gave me an idea.

So I used XMouseButtonControl to send double commands for both mouse wheel up and down, and that doubled the scroll speed. Thanks!

1 Like