Incorrect value is read from combo box in UMG widget

Hello,

I am having a problem with my UMG widget where the game is not reading the correct value from the selected option of one of my combo boxes.

What is happening in this form is that the combo box with the year value in it is being reflected in the year number of the Accident Number value. This was done by using the Get Selected Option function for combo boxes. This is wrapped in another function called AccidentYearValue which is binded with the year part of the accident number. This works just fine because it returns the correct value of 2013.

The problem lies with the numbers after it. There is supposed to be a 7 digit number in the accident number but there is not. The problem appears to be this:

I have once again used the Get Selected Option function to… well, get the selected option of the same combo box, only this time, it doesn’t return a value when it is supposed to return ‘2013’.

It is also worth noting that in the AccidentYearValue function, the value the Get Selected Option function returns was not in scope. I do not know what this means, only that it seems to work in that specific case when the AccidentYearValue function is binded with the accident number. I have tried calling the value of the AccidentYearValue function (which returns as text and is then converted to a string), however, this strangely does not work.

If anybody knows what the problem may be, help would be much appreciated. Further questions are welcome if you are not sure of something.

Thanks,
Goolog