I’ve been noticing some weird behavior on Android devices with r.MobileContentScaleFactor and r.ScreenPercentage on some devices.
On a Samsung Galaxy S4, if HDR is enabled:
- r.MobileContentScaleFactor does not work at all and the phone resolution is downscaled as if using 0.8 (Native res is 19201080 but with HDR it goes to 1024576. There is no way to change this while HDR is enabled.
- r.ScreenPercentage works
If HDR is NOT enabled:
- r.MobileContentScaleFactor works perfectly
- r.ScreenPercentage doesn’t do anything
The above doesn’t happen at all with a newer device (Samsung Galaxy S7). All these options work perfectly on both LDR and HDR.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new project (any, maybe third person template) with HDR enabled
- In DefaultDeviceProfiles set r.MobileContentScaleFactor to 1.0 and r.ScreenPercentage=70 for both Android_Mid (s4) and Android_High (s7) phones. In BeginPlay call a “GetViewportSize” node to get the resolution.
- Launch the game. You’ll see that the Samsung S4 the resolution is at 1024x576 and in the S7 is correctly 1280x720 (First problem)
- Disable HDR, restart editor, relaunch the game.
- You’ll see that, in the S4, the resolution is correctly at 1280x720 but the ScreenPercentage is at 100, while the S7 has correct 1280x720 resolution with ScreenPercentage working correctly at 70 as well.
The above happens in both the 4.19 and the 4.20 preview. Note that my S4 is model GT-I9500 which has OpenGL ES2.0.
Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance.