I’m playing around with the Asset Manager in the 4.17 preview, trying to figure out how it works. I’m noticing some inconsistencies with it’s ability to scan for assets in Preview 1.
I created a new DataAsset that derives from UPrimaryDataAsset and created a few instances of it. I then configured the asset manager to search for the new Primary Asset type.
The first time I compiled and ran, I was able to query the AssetManager for all assets of that type. It worked great, using the BP nodes.
I then added a ToString and FromString FPrimaryAssetId functions in my C++ BlueprintFunctionLibrary, recompiled, and then my new PrimaryAsset stopped scanning and finding my assets. Using ‘AssetManager.DumpTypeSummary’, it returned nothing for my custom class, although it was finding maps still.
I then commented out my C++ ToString and FromString FPrimaryAssetId functions, and the game found my assets just fine.
I have no idea why adding these functions to C++ would break asset scanning, but it does.
EDIT: So, I added
#include "PrimaryAssetId.h" to my Blueprint Library header and it now works. This is a very strange bug.