Incoming VR News! - Feb. 4 2016 @ 2PM ET

@Mike - Thanks for working on this mode, it’s awesome and exactly how I imagined it :smiley:

Oh man, this is brilliant. Thanks EPIC!

Had to work during the announcement, but yea, after seeing the headline picture, figured it was an editor in VR thing. Yes, I did miss the gear VR for the detect HMD version. Hopefully we can get this node in there, as it doesn’t seem difficult to do from a non-programmer perspective?

Bah I for one can say it’s nice, but gimmick. Can’t imagine doing game efficiently using VR.

Have you ever tried de HTC Vive ? but more importantly have you ever experienced “presence”.

To me that is a day and night moment. Once you believe you are there… the gimmick-factor is gone.
With the current VR sets it is not a given. But I have been lucky enough to have a few of those “you are there …experiences”; then handling stuff in VR comes very natural.

Maybe for (current) game development not optimal. But for building VR experience this is IMHO simply amazing stuff.

… just love to see how it all unfolds.

Thank you guys for this awesome announcement. About Cardboard VR: i was asking in chat while stream was live and get the answer “Cardboard VR is coming” and “More details on GDC 2016”.

You work faster with small mouse movements and you stay more precise, so you must choose between having fun with VR or beeing efficient with a mouse.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the full stream, but does this mean we can finally get some proper interaction with 3D widgets? This’d be especially useful, even in non-VR space.

Actually because you can scale the world so accurately in VR, you can be very precise when moving objects around. Plus we have snapping features to help out. UI is a little more tricky, we’re still trying out some ideas to make clicking very accurate. Currently you just need to “hold the UI closer” if you’re having trouble hitting a target.

FYI – I started a spin-off thread to continue the discussion. :slight_smile: