Inclusion of an 'Activity Feed', to stay updated on games, achievements and ratings from Epic friends

I have a suggestion for an activity feed to be included as part of the launcher. Currently, the launcher feels a bit of “empty” in terms of interactivity with your friends, which I feel deters users from opening the launcher for anything other than playing games that they perhaps mostly claimed for free.

Benefits

• New ways to promote games on the storefront, which encourages people to possibly purchase them.
  • Showcase features which are unique to Epic, such as achievement grades, as well as allowing players to share when they’ve unlocked platinum and 100% in the cases where games have DLC achievement lists.
  • As the activity feed would (currently) only show your friends’ activity, there’s not not much need for moderation of toxic content.
  • Brings the launcher more up to speed with the features of other launchers, such as Steam and GOG Galaxy. Perhaps even provides an opportunity to provide a better activity feed experience.

Existing Implementations

• GOG Galaxy “Recent” feed: Playtime milestones, achievements, as well as
  • Steam “Friend Activity”: New game purchases / gifts, reviews, screenshots, videos, text posts etc.
  • PS4 ‘Whats New’ Page: Shares screenshots, videos, trophies, ratings etc.

Concept

• Shows various activities, including when a friend purchases or is gifted games / DLC, posts a review, wishlists a game / DLC, earns achievements, platinums a game.
  • Each activity in the feed is divided by the date it was earned.
  • People can hover over an achievement to see the name and description, as well as trophy grade.
  • Achievements show a border with the trophy grade for that achievement (gold, silver, bronze).
  • If a user earns more than 8 achievenents in a day, there will be a ‘+__’ icon on the far right, allowing people you to click it and view the full achievement list for that user.
  • When a user purchases or is gifted multiple games / DLC / editions, they’re all shown
  • Games / apps / DLCs claimed for free wouldn’t be shown, to avoid spam.
  • The ‘Active Now’ sidebar takes inspiration from Discord. It shows a list of the users friends currently in a game and for how long, while also listing some additional rich presence details, assuming the game supports it.

Hey there Kiznel,

Thank you for the feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this to us.
These forums are intended to be used for feedback on the game publisher’s side rather than the player’s end, but I have noted this!

Have a great day!

1 Like

Apologies for using the incorrect forum. I wasn’t sure on whether this was purely for publishing tools feedback, or for the launcher / store overall, so I figured I could at least share feedback that can be beneficial to all consumers, developers, and Epic Games.

There isn’t a place I could find to submit user feedback and concepts like these, that could be consistently read by Epic, so it’d be awesome to see a forum specifically for that at some point in the future.

I greatly appreciate you forwarding this to the appropriate team for consideration regardless!

3 Likes