InaccurateFindNearest

I have been looking into creating custom blueprint nodes and am trying to gain access to this function so I can call it in BP. I am not very familiar with c++ but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to how I can call this function so I can return its vector via BP.

Unfortunately, if the function isn’t available in Blueprints (and it doesn’t look like it is), there’s no way to call it without writing the Blueprint support. You could either write it yourself, or ask Epic to add it in a future version.

i know it is not available, which is why i posted. i wanted help in writing the code to call the function to use in a custom bp

Hi eviltenchi,

You really need this : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Introduction/index.html

BTW, You can create a c++ template project to learn how to do this.

for example, these three c++ functions will present as Blueprint Node in blueprint:

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "GameLogic")
void SetServerAddr(FString addr, int32 port); // this function have exec pin and two input pin addr and port. with no output pin

UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, Category = "GameLogic")
UGamePlayer* GetPlayer(int32 id); //pure function  no Exec pin

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "GameLogic")
void GetPlayer(int32 id, FString& str01Out, FString& str02Out); //not const reference param will consider output param. so you can return multi variable.

Cheers
Omega

I figured it out, was just having a hard time figuring out how to call the template function.