We fixed a bug in 4.1 with Overlap events. Here are the change notes on the topic:
- Fixed overlap event related bugs. Correct behavior related to overlap flags may break old content relying on bad behavior.
– A collision between two objects can be set to Ignore, Overlap, or Blocking.
– An overlap event will occur if two objects Overlap and both have the Generate Overlap Events flag set to true.
– A bug in the code made it so that in certain situations an overlap would trigger even if one of the overlapping objects had the flag set to false.
– This means overlap events that were previously firing could now stop due to improper flagging.
- Fixed Overlap events to only fire when collision is marked as overlap.
– There was a bug where in some cases an overlap event would fire even if a collision was marked as Blocking.
Because StaticMeshActors (e.g. the blocks in that template level) do not set Generate Overlap Events to true by default, this means that Overlap events are no longer generated when shooting the projectiles at the blocks. We changed the template so projectiles are Blocked by the blocks, and use Hit events instead. You will need to make a similar change to any games made with the FPS template.
The missing gun mesh was a mesh change that did not get merged correctly, we will fix it for 4.3!