In need of an UE5 Offline Installer

Hello,

My school District is in need of an automated deployment method for UE5. We would like to deploy the software to thousands of workstations across 70+ sites for Game Design and 3D Modeling in a time manageable fashion. The current method of installation is not suitable.

Is there a way to get in direct contact with Epic about this?

-Students do not have admin rights to ANY workstations
-Teachers only have admin rights to their assigned workstations
-Must be done at the District level

I would suggest getting in touch with one of the Unreal Evangelists. Judging by the terminology you use, it sounds like you are in North America, in which case it would be Christian Allen (Twitter: @Serellan).

I think you could build the engine from source which just takes 2-4 hours depending on your hardware, but it is actually super straight forward process. And after you have the engine built, you can just make it available for download in some object storage or repository.

This would be the first step. Where people could already access it and download it locally and start using.

If you need to automate deployment to workstations that sound more like a devops or IT issue it self than UE. Which I also have a lot of experience with it, but I would need more detail about your infra-structure to be able to help.

1 Like

Try to take a look at Academic Installation | Unreal Engine Documentation.

I ran into it looking for a totally different thing, It’s not an offline installer but it could be a solution

build a standalone source build and make it an .ISO file, burn it to flash disk and just install it on any system you want.

Hello! We do have an offline installer available for education institutions. Please complete the form here: Edu Offline Request (unrealengine.com)

Hi there and sorry to go into this conversation.
I’m in the same situation but I’m not working for an education institution.
I just don’t have hardware for connecting to the internet at the computer I’m going to test Unreal, that’s why I’m searching for an offline installer.
Is that possible?
I’d be open to privately chat about that.
Thanks.

1 Like

You can download it from the store into an external drive (better if an ssd) and then run Unreal directly from it.

You just have to click the UE4Editor.exe or UnrealEditor.exe file in the Binaries folder in order to use it offline, but you will need to have visual studio installed too, if you need c++

I really thought the simplest way wouldn’t work, but it did indeed!
Although I get random crashes and don’t know it may be casued by running it from another folder though
Thanks!

1 Like

This method did not work in this version of UE5.3
After copying all the Engine folders, Binaries - Win64 - UnrealEditor.exe was run, but the editor could not run because the following message was output during shader compilation.

‘Failed to compile global shader FSSDTemporalAccumulationCS. Enable ‘r.ShaderDevelopmentMode’ in ConsoleVarriables.ini for retries.’

But I couldn’t find ConsoleVarriables.ini
okay, i found consolvariables.ini into Engine - config folder.
and active r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1
then retry unrealEditor.exe, I meet a long error message.

D:/unrealEditor/Relese/Engine/Shaders/Private/ScreenSpaceDenoise/SSDTemporalAccumulation.usf() : Shader FSSDTemporalAccumulationCS, Permutation 7, VF Node:
Exception encountered in platform compiler : Assertion failed: InMemorySource && !InMemorySource->IsEmpty() [File:D\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Dveloper\ShaderPreprocessor\Pravate\ShaderPreprocessor.cpp] [Line : 256]