In-Game Photography

Update: September 5, 2015

I’ve submitted the 4.9 update to Epic today, so it should hopefully be released in a few days. It has also been uploaded to Sellfy. In this update, the gallery will automatically load png and jpeg images from the photos’ save directory.

Update: August 16, 2015

I’ve now uploaded In-Game Photography to Sellfy as well. If you decide to buy it on there, you can save 10% by tweeting about the Photography system to your friends!

Click here to see it on Sellfy.

Update: August 6, 2015

Hi, everyone! I just got word that the update to add saving functionality has been released now. For people using Windows, everything should work immediately. For people using a different platform (e.g., Mac), you’ll need to compile the plugin for your own system. Source code is provided.

[HR][/HR]

Hello, everyone! I’m excited to announce the release of my first marketplace asset!

In-Game Photography

In-Game Photography is a customizable, plug-and-play system that adds rich photography capabilities to your video game. It allows the player to take photographs of anything he or she wants in the game and then view the photos in a gallery.

**Features Included: **

• First-Person and Smartphone Camera View
  • Ability to use flash for dark scenes
  • Optional “Night-Vision” mode for dark scenes
  • Ability to zoom in and out
  • Photo Gallery to view photos
  • Ability to click on thumbnails in the Photo Gallery to view enlarged versions of the photos
  • Camera sound effects
  • Saves photos to your choice of png or jpeg

If you have any questions about how to use this system, please don’t hesitate to post your question in this thread. I will reply as soon as I can.

Although all efforts have been made to ensure the system works properly, if you discover a bug, please send an e-mail to to report it.

Can I save the photos?

Hi honaj. Thanks for your question! The blueprint currently does not save the photos. However, I could add that as an update in the near future.

Personally if you added the ability to save photos into a file on the desktop I will buy this the moment its announced, because that sounds amazing.

Hah, photos with a flash look so realistic :smiley:

Anyway, good job, but as said before, if you add ability to save photos on Hard drive, that would be very awesome.

Yep! Rama’s Victory Plugin has a node for saving a Scene Capture Component 2D to different image formats such as BMP, JPEG, and PNG, so that’s definitely an option for people who want that functionality immediately. They can add the node Capture Component 2D Save Image to the Take Photo event in the BP_Camera_Controller blueprint.

If people want, I could make a YouTube tutorial showing how to incorporate Rama’s plugin with my blueprint to add saving functionality. It’d probably be faster than waiting for an update. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Hey, everyone. I’ve updated the first post to include a written tutorial on how to add saving functionality. I’ll work on making a YouTube tutorial soon for those that prefer following a video. I’ve sent an e-mail to Epic about my update, so I’m just waiting to hear back from them.

Hi, everyone! I just got word that the update to add saving functionality has been released now. For people using Windows, everything should work immediately. For people using a different platform (e.g., Mac), you’ll need to compile the plugin for your own system. Source code is provided.

Hey, everybody. I’ve submitted the 4.9 update to Epic today, so it should hopefully be released on the Marketplace in a few days. It’s also been uploaded to Sellfy already. In this update, the gallery will automatically load png and jpeg images from the photos’ save directory.

Hey, everyone. The update was officially released today. Enjoy!

Getting Failure on Load. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

InGamePhotographyFailure.PNG&stc=1

This would be good for the ArcViz community!

Is this project dead? I could really do with a plugin like this, but I’m running 4.13.