In App Purchases

Hi there, I was hoping to get some insight for what each section of the Switch on EInAppPurchaseState does.
I’m trying to “Restore Purchases” on a game that I’ve not purchased anything on.
It always comes up saying it’s been Restored - But I’d think it would come up failed cause there’s no purchase to restore.

Does Restore just mean it’s finished asking if it’s been purchased? Should I have the bool connected to Already Owned instead?

I’m following what was going on in the Unreal Match 3 Sample Project, because that has the same outputs. when it restores the purchase

Thanks

I have same problem.
How did you solved this problem?

I decided to go a different way with my business model (to put it in a way that makes me look like less of a failure) so I don’t need the in app purchases. There is a way that I found, instead of using restore in app purchases, I managed to get a receipt of payment. Basically have a branch with the condition of an empty receipt. if it’s empty then they haven’t bought it, if it’s not empty they must have paid. It’s a bit of a workaround (and when I tested it I only got one chance)

I have the same question as well. I can guess that “Already Owned” might mean that it has already been considered purchased in the current game setup and “Restored” means it was not considered purchased in the game but by looking into the server data now the game knows that it has been previously purchased. But it is just a guess, and I am also wondering about the following:

1. Are “Success” and “Restored” the same, or “Success” after “On Success” means the same that it was able to connect to the server?
  2. What does “Failed” mean after “On Success”?

My idea of how they all work:
Unknown (Ironically I actually don’t know)
Success - Successfully purchased
Failed - Not Purchased
Cancelled - Purchase Cancelled
Invalid - Probably invalid transaction, probably wrong password or something
Not Allowed - Failed due to parental controls
Restored - Has already been purchased
Already Owned - You’ve tried to buy something non consumable and you can’t because you’ve already bought it previously

So depending on what node you ask, whether it’s buy, restore or whatever, it gives a different answer in the enum.

Please take a screenshot of your solution (picture) or you can copy it right here https://blueprintue.com/
How can I get a receipt prior to purchase?