Improvements for built-in Media Player

Hello,

I’m very happy with the changes in Unreal Engine 5.2 Preview 1 on macOS, but is it possible to expand media player’s device recognition system so it could support more devices, such as capture cards and virtual webcams?

In addition, it would be nice to have something like video buffering from OBS for live video feeds from capture cards on both Windows and macOS. Sometimes the built-in media player struggles to maintain a consistent 60fps even in 1080p with RTX 2080 Ti. It is possible to get around that issue with third-party plugins that utilizes spout2, like this one: OWL Live-Streaming Toolkit . However, this requires running basically two separate instances of OBS: one for sending a video feed from a capture card to UE (because OBS can playback a video from a capture card just fine) and a second one for capturing a modified video from the engine. And because of this, it becomes very uncomfortable for me to create a VTuber application, due to the fact that the system is unnecessarily loaded. UE is already capable to playback a video from a capture card, the issue is that it is sometimes not very smooth. And for VTuber applications like this one (I attached the screenshot below), smooth gameplay is crucial.

Thank you.