Impossible to create game

I dont’t undrestant very well what you wanna do, (the begin play code section do not have a lot of sense to me). But a couple of things that perhaps help you:

• If you need something to be executed in a infinite loop, you can use the “set timer by function name” node. With it, you can set the time to be used between each loop. and check the loop option. The put your code in a custom event and put the name of that event in the “set timer by function name” node.

• Don’t set the variable IsHit to 0 in the update oputput of the timeline. becouse this is goingt o be executed every frame, just doit in the complete output. Thats way is executed only when the timeline finished.

hii… first of all, this is not a bug, no programming allows you to execute infinitely. here is the solution I came up with if you have any problem reply. and please do some homework before programming or scripting that saves you a lot ​of time.

this is actor blueprint, cross over happens everytime line tracer hits object and it makes it grow slowly. I want when I stop hit that object to bring it back to its original 1 scale size. This happens with infinity loop. Unreal engine doesnt allow me to use infinity loops gg

THIS IS THE BLUEPRINT WORKING 100% IF ENGINE WAS NOT BUGGED

the set IsHit to 0 should be before the timeline,
thanks for the node set timer by function name I will check it out never knew it
also i think i can figure it out in another way i am trying now and will post a screen if it workes

thank you i will see what i can do with this, see what I did, both events trigger at the same time upon cross over from character line tracer, they happen one after another and have no different conditions, i expected to shrink the object to original scale after 0.4 seconds of not hitting it with the line tracer (line tracer impulses are 0.2 seconds each), however this doesnt happen

EDIT: I had a wrong note in the end of timeline on the screenshot which is only deleted

edit 2: im not sure how this work, do i fire 2 events at the same time, or i fire one, when all the actor blueprints complete the event signal then the source continues to trigger event 2 or i can normally trigger both events at the same time, something like clicking 2 buttons at the same time thats how i understand it
edit 3: i even try this with 0.15 or 0.2 or 0.25 sec delay but it just doesnt shrink the object

I tried your setup but it didnt work at all.
I made it happen, it works like a magic - i use infinity loop (which is 100% needed for this purpose) and i am allowed to use it, also something weird happens from this custom macro - when i test it with print strings - one print string at Then 0 and one print string at “Then 1 After Delay” everytime i get a whole 3 print screens not just one, and there is no reason, at least not obvious, why is this happening. i post 2 screens and this setup works just fine, everytime i move my cursor away from the object it shrinks to scale 1 after up to 0.2 seconds delay, now i should find out how to make it happen to do this at the end of the first “object grow” tick - after those 0.2 seconds and not after the event begin game timer (delay loops) but this is another problem unreal engine have - everything that is triggered from blueprint is happening 1 after another and never at the same time, the only way i can cast 2 events at the same time is if i hit 2 keys on the keyboard at the same time, even if i want key 2 to change how key 1 will react after a delay i still need to press keyboard keys, if i do this with events and event 1 have delay of 5 seconds, event 2 will never start until these 5 seconds finish, for me this is unreasonable and as much as i know older versions of unreal actually allows you to do sumiltaniously split signals instead just sequencing them - i read that in latest versions its only sequence method, oldest version i have is 4.9 and its the same i think 4.7 or earlier can do split signals lol i should find it

one more thing can be done to even the event begin play delay ticks and line tracer - they can both start at begin play
and also use the reset scale to happen with “do once” node that will be reset if the object ever grows (after the timeline) and this will save the reading of 4-5 nodes from each object

I dont’t undrestant very well what you
wanna do

It’s somewhat vague, agreed.

@Dimshvaebene - Is this the effect you’re after?

Image from Gyazo

this is what im after, the mechanics work great i just need it a little bit different - center of screen to enlarge what is in front of it, can you please share your magic is this made with “set timer by event” node? i dont understand how it works never used it, yes this is what i am after

can you please share your magic is
this made with “set timer by event”
node? i dont understand how it works
never used it, yes this is what i am
after

The animation I previously posted is not using a timer or delay, I don’t think the latent system needs to be involved here at all. If I wanted to set up something like this with a ticking trace, I’d place this in the actor:

And tracing could look like this:

The above calls the BPI only once, resulting in:

Image from Gyazo

And if you want to study the timer magic, it’s here:

And here:

YOU ARE GOD! i will definetely check everything you sent me. And since you understand so much on a side I have a three big questions, maybe you know maybe you dont. Question number 1: is it possible to disable all animations 3d objects and as much as i can from mechanics and 3d world in a project and have only something like a main menu, the purpose of this is that i want to create a software that change text files for movie subtitles - it can move them forward or backwards, I already did the blueprint and used addon for extra nodes and codes that allow me to extract the result in a .txt file in windows folders. However so far to do this I have to open unreal editor and go to project and run the “game” from there to complete the task, i believe it will still work if i extract it as a game but before do this i wonder if i can turn off any features that give the game file size - megabytes. Question no2 - can i make a game that is completely 2D - so far from what I have seen in videos, tutorials and tested myself I still need to give the details some 3D space, also if I make them extra thin they are losing the color or become transparent in most of their parts or completely, Even with tilemaps they still have 3D size and when the camera moves someone may notice the game is not like nintendo mario, instead its a 3d world. (not such a big deal but if its possible i would do completely 2d one). Question no3 is something that i worked to figure it out for long time but i dont see anyone i talked to to achievent result in it, its about colors in the game engine that appears to look different no matter how i try to set up the surface and object material or light sources, if i put red 255 green 0 blue 0 color, the actual result is brighter like red 255 green 50 blue 50 and can never do exact same color (pure red), i already have interesting forum tread about it in here Difference in color - #6 by eldany.uy in short the best i achieved is usng tilemap

I’ll admit Unreal’s 2D is not my strong suit. I feel I barely licked it over the years and there are things that still confuse the heck outta me - so I generally avoid touching it :wink: Sorry.

sometimes i wonder if i can use the blueprints from unreal to another softwares like unity or something like this, i dont know much about unity but from tutorials i seen you just choose option on how your objects work - gravity, weight, acceleration…

Unreal takes it further by allowing you to blueprint components and parent them to actors:

gravity, weight, acceleration…

All here and more.

i was also wondering if i can and how to make the rules of gravity myself, (and other things) not just use it as an option with some scale but make a blueprint about the mechanism of its work and then import it in the selections of any actor, :smiley: can you help about this information

can you help about this information

Not sure what your expectations are here but this has been done too many times:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ue4+custom+gravity

The marketplace is full of this stuff, too.

Yes I will check it out later, in fact I was not messing with those things yet, Thank you so much!

How do you create event in blueprint interface that have node and then have the event trigger in a blueprint? I tried this earlier and now I tried more but I cant do it, I can only have event trigger if it does not have any pins, once I put a pin then instead “Add Event” i can only have “Call Function”
edit: i just tried to double click the event while in the actor blueprint and add pin from there but then it was converted to custom event and not a one that is pulled from interface bp, i guess i can do it like this but then in character bp where i launch the event i need to specify for which blueprints it is going to be called am i right? or it can be done to every possible custom event with this name?

i use infinity loop (which is 100% needed for this purpose) and i am allowed to use it

That’s interesting XD Infinite loop will stop your game instantly and there’s no possibility to allow you to do so

You can think of an infinite loop in some cases but in fact - it’s not because like said - you’ll be thrown out of PIE

But at least that was a funny sentence :smiley:

And about your system itself - you could easily use Custom Events with Timers which you can control easily and so make it grow or get smaller and once it hits the desired size or whatever - you stop the timer, do stuff