Importing my mesh with UE4 Skeleton causes deforming, works otherwise

Hello. I’m learning the flow from Blender to UE4 in terms of characters. My goal is to test with existing animations for humanoids so I don’t have to get into animating just to test my meshes out in game.

I have created an overcoat, very simple, put it with a skeleton I made by importing the UE4 mannequin into Blender and “fixing” it like in [this post][1]. When retargeting animations from skeletons with at least 90% similarities, I encounter no issues, I’m able to see the coat animating as it would on a walking/running/attacking human. It looks good.

However my goal, gameplay wise, is to allow the player to swap out clothes/armors, so I need to connect them to another skeleton, for now I’m trying to use the UE4 mannequin. Like I said, my skeleton is made from a “broken” UE4 mannequin skeleton, so all the same bones and hierarchy. Yet, when I import the mesh with the UE4 mannequin skeleton, so I can make it animate as a mesh component, this happens. First one is without animation, second is with.

Retargeting to the skeleton I made in Blender works just fine and I can play animations, which is further than I could get a week ago, but now I’ve hit this wall and I don’t know where to begin looking Help is needed, thanks.

Send help comrades.