Importing Morph targets on existing character

Hi,

I have successfully imported characters with morph targets into Unreal from 3ds . But that was a character which already had morph targets applied.
Now I would like to import morph targets onto an existing character. The documentation claims that this is possible but doesn´t discribe how it is done.

• I had a test character without morph targets in 3ds which I imported as a skeletal mesh in to Unreal.
  • After that I created several morphs in 3ds which I now want to incorporate into the the existing character in Unreal.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

I think the easiest way is to just reimport it -> with the reimport mesh button :slight_smile:

I would love to be able to do that during a running (shipped) game. I would like to allow a player/user to add morph-targets to existing meshes (and whole meshes with animations etc) for modding purposes via a menu or very simple workflow. - Like the they just have to put a folder with textures and an fbx(?) into a directory of the game and all of it gets loaded at runtime?
Does anybody have an idea how to do that, or can anybody point me towards tutorials for this?

• Sorry if this is too far from the original question, but I think it is closely related.

Thank your for the answer. I did see the reimport button but the engine crashed for some reason. I tried it on a different model, though and it woked.