Importing first person animations with a weapon

I cant really wrap my head around how the whole animation system works in Unreal. What Im trying to do is import my firstperson animations for a weapon that Ive made, but whenever I import the mesh + animations, it doesnt import my weapon at all, just the animations that play on the rig

It should look like this

But it looks like this

As you can see it doesnt import the flashlight model at all. Why does it have to be so stubborn?

it is my question too !

I know it’s an old question, but from what I understand, you need to have the geometry of this item be part of the hierarchy, parented to a bone.

This can be done with a floating bone that is parented to your root joint, or you can make an extra bone parented to the wrist/hand and parent the flashlight to that bone.

The principle though, at any rate, is to make sure the object is parented to a bone which is parented somehow to the root bone. Can’t be floating. Good luck!

As ninthtale was saying, why don’t you create an extra bone on your hand and attach weapons or tools in UE to that bone? But I also suggest simply to attach a separate mesh in UE to a specified socket created inside the engine. Usually i do it this way. Cheers

Hi ,

You will need to assign a socket to the Skeletal Mesh and then assign an asset to that socket as described in the following documentation: SkeletalMeshSockets

Let me know if this does not answer your question.