Importing Fbx Model, UE4 Crashes

This is very strange… I dont know why this is happening. I made a model, textured it. when i Imported it everything was fine. The second time I import another version of the model ( fixed some n-gons) it always crashes… Then i tried it in another project, with the same model and the new model. crashes again. strange… However i did notice that the import option box does not open up when i import it, i only select the file press import and it loads the object in until it hits the 75% mark. then it proceeds to crash. Any help would be Great! //
ps. The file i am trying to import only contains a mesh, its uv and the vertex-normals, no skeleton or material!
Files attached! :slight_smile:

Hello therobin981027,

I downloaded your file and noticed you are using .FBX file version 2013 which has known issues with Unreal Engine 4. Sure enough, I tested your original mesh which causes a crash on my end as well. Then I re-exported your mesh from 3Ds Max using .FBX 2014 file version and it imported just fine. This file version has stronger compatibility and reliability with the engine and is the file version we suggest using.

Try this option and let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers,

Wow, what a quick response! That is likely to be the problem, but it will have to wait 'til tomorrow! Thank you, sincerely //

I am pretty sure it is going to resolve your issue, but let me know if it does not.