So I’m not sure what the problem is, where’s what I did:
- From the content browser, export the Metahuman Body skeletal mesh
- Open the skeletal mesh in Maya
- Add my clothing model and skinned it to the skeleton
- Select the Model and the skeleton > Export Selected as FBX
- In Unreal, Import the new clothing skeletal mesh, choose the Metahuman Skeleton (metahuman_base_skel)
However when I do this I get the FAILED TO MERGE BONES error. Rebuilding the skeleton breaks it and not rebuilding it makes the new clothes not work. I’m not sure what the problem could be. I’m rigging to the exact same skeleton so I don’t understand how it could be missing bones.