Importing animations duplicate skeletons

I’m trying to import animations from one project to another. The animations are .uasset files. I chose to migrate from the old project into the new project.

All of the animations I am using are for the standard skeleton that is used with the UE4 Mannequin. However, when I migrate the new animations over they seem to be tied to another copy of UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton.

So now my project now has 2 copies of UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton in different folders and some animations work with one copy of the skeleton and some work with the other. How can I make all animations point to the same version of UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton?

After experimenting here is the solution I found:

1. Right click animation asset: Retarget Anim Assets → Duplicate Anim Assets and Retarget

2. Uncheck “Show Only Compatible Skeletons” (Why is the same UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton considered incompatible?)

3. Select the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton that is used by your other animations

4. Select Retarget

The animation assets will be duplicated but work with the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton you selected. I don’t know why the same UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton is considered incompatible when its supposed to be the exact same skeleton.

If there is a better way to consolidate all of your UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton animations from various sources please let me know.

Very nice(

Thanks a lot!