Importing Animated FBX Crashes Twinmotion 2023.2

Twinmotion 2023.2 crashes when importing an animated FBX. File size is roughly 50mb, but difficult to reduce for the project I am working on. The error I get is “An Unreal process has crashed: UE-Twinmotion” with “TwinmotionCookedEditor_Win64_Shipping”. Any tips or tricks on getting this to import successfully?

Is there a way you can share the file?

I unfortunately cannot due to it being a client project. I’m curious if there is a maximum file size or geometry count to the animated fbx import? I also have access to 3DS max or Blender to reduce it, but I’m unsure what would be the best way…

You may have to process step by step to identify the source of the issue.

• Have you tried your actual TM installation with just a basic fbx animation import (just to be sure that everything is working fine)
  • Is this file a file your client directly sent to you? (so you don’t know the fbx export parameters?)
  • If so, maybe try to import it in Max/blender and reexport it. If the file contains many elements export the step-by-step in order to identify the one that may cause the crash

After some digging, I realized Twinmotion is not able to process visibility and recolor parameters for fbx animations (only xyz translations, scaling, etc.). Because I am using those animations, maybe Twinmotion is unable to read it? As a reference, I am trying to import an animated fbx from Synchro. If anyone has workaround for this, that would be very much appreciated