Imported Skeleton From Blender Not Animating Properly

Hi, I’m running into a problem and I can’t solve it, I’ve tried everything to my knowledge. I have a character that I’m rigging to the Blender Rigify generated skeleton completed with IK and everything and it appears to be animating properly in Blender. But, when I import the character into UE4, the animation plays properly but mishaps occur with his hands and his eyes. The eyes simply bulge randomly and retract into his head at times during certain animations.

I’ve checked the orientation of the objects and skeletons and all is proper. Here’s what the animation looks like in Blender vs UE4.

Also, just in case someone can see an error in my export/import settings, here’s the export settings from Blender to Unreal and the import settings.

Hello,

It is very common to have problems when using a Riggify rig, it uses it´s own convention and isn´t made for being exported to Unreal.

This script aims to solve the problem:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/1569172-uefy-script-make-blender-s-rigify-addon-compatible-for-unreal-engine-4

I hope it helps.

Thank you very much, but sadly this doesn’t really help me all that much. I got this model to work but decided not to mark it as resolved since I ran into the same problem on another character. I even exported him the same way as the previous model seen above and still ran into issues. I will keep trying to find a way around the script issues.

Again, thanks!

I figured it out actually and I thank you for i!. It happens that you can make the Rigify compatible if you import it with preserve local transforms. As for the facial disfiguring, the eyes and mouth needed to be weighted to the head as well as their deform bones.

I have figured out the issue! I needed to check preserve local transforms in the import options. Also, I needed to weight the eyes and mouth to the main head bone along with their deform bones. I thank Jóhann Leó for getting me to look up compatibility issues with the rigify blender armature which led me to this conclusion.

I am glad it helped :slight_smile: