Imported object is not aligned

Since I’m starting, I just noticed now that I’m using Unreal Engine version 5. I don’t know if this is relevant to this question.

I begin to learn and use Unreal Engine and I’m trying to import one object to the map, in this case, a door. However, When I put it on the scene, it’s not very well aligned. It’s not only with it’s pivot point way off the object, but the object itself is rotated and turned.

How can I fix this?

I did not made the 3d object, I downloaded for free from a website cgtrader.com.

It sounds a bit like it was setup wrong. Unless it’s part of a set, in which case, if you drag it into the level with all the other parts, they should fit together.

Well, if you put the pivot off center in Blender and export, you’ll get exactly this.

You mean wrong setup when it was exported?

Temporal you could right click on the object that is in you world and set a new pivot point. For a permanent solution you would need to do that in blender for example.

This is what I was asking, because I didn’t made that 3d object, I downloaded from an external website. So if I’m trying to fix that in UE, I’m on the wrong place.

UE is not the place to fix pivots, that’s for sure. You can do it in Blender, or get the plugin:

Or, like I say, it could be quite legit, if it’s supplied with other parts which are meant to be used together. If you drag them all into the scene at once, they will automatically fit. One reason for having strange pivot points.

I’ll look at the 3d object, because it’s just a door, nothing else. I’ll check blender to know the basics, it seems I’ll need it more often.

Thanks!