Imported models appearing black in my environment?

Just replaced the grate material with “M_Metal_Steel” and then a completely white material, and it’s still just as dark. Strange…

The normals are all facing outwards as well.

Could you also upload this static mesh? Because atm I’m running out of ideas XD

Here’s the FBX:

https://www.wesendit/dl/cxGUncfsmU4K

Thanks for all the help so far.

I get this result after I have recreated the lightmap (?v=z5yc-bKbHyc):

My scene setup:

-default template map
-skylight (cast shadows disabled)
-lightmass importance volume
-static mesh lightmap resolution -> 128
-sphere reflection capture
-post process volume to disable eye adaption
-enabled two sided in the material

Here is the mesh: ?usp=sharing

Is the only change you made to the model the UVs? It looks better when placed in my original environment. I can actually see some of the metal material.

I just changed the 2nd uv channel -> lightmap.
I used the technique which I show in this video:

Thanks for all the help, it’s certainly looking better now :slight_smile:

I also decided to use the metal materials from the starter pack rather than my own textures because they seem to show better under the lighting conditions in my environment.

:smiley: The scene looks really good!

What exactly have you done to fix it?

All I did was replace the grate model with the one you modified, and the materials on both the grate and railing with the default metal materials from the starter content. I guess they just show up better in those lighting conditions. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the help!

Ok, then the re-creation of the 2nd uv channel solved it :slight_smile:

Btw, may I ask you for what you will use your scene? Do you currently develop a game?

Yup, I am working on creating a game for a university project.

Nice! I have sent you a pm so that this thread stays on topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks from the future
The video tutorial you linked is a bit confusing for blender beginners, but it worked for me :slight_smile:

It has something to do with the already existing lighting in your build, I had exactly the same problem so I started playing around with the lighting.
I copied every type of light source I had and placed them one by one next to the model that had the problems.

I don’t know what exactly the bug is, but once I placed a Rect Light next to it I had no problem with it anymore.
The small space that had the problem consisted of: 2 Point Lights & 1 Rect Light, all of them with default options. (I’m a newb)