Imported animation works in 5.0 but not in 5.3

Hello

I have been learning UE5 from an RTS Game tutorial I found and things have been going well until when importing animations for a character as shown at https://youtu.be/CCO0-64cfe4?si=VwaWBrZtEJdpWcE8&t=8236

Note that the tutorial mentions copying over assets from a marketplace project called Strategy Game that is compatible with 4.24 only.

For me, the opening the animation sequencer is not moving the dwarf model. I tried doing a few things here and there and then thought about trying it again using UE 5.0. I created 2 fresh projects, one in 5.0 and the other in 5.3 and followed the below steps:

1. Open a blank project
  2. Copy over the contents from StrategyGame/Content into MyFirstRTS/Content/StrategyGameAssets
  3. Import them into UE once prompted by the notification
  4. In the content drawer, go to MyFirstRTS/Content/StrategyGameAssets/Characters/DwarfGrunt/SkelMesh and open DwarfGrunt_R_new. It will ask you to create a skeleton.
  5. Click no and select the DwarfGrunt_R_new skeleton in the list. note that the tutorial creates a new skeleton. I think attaching the existing skeleton could be an alternative way
    6 Save everything and go to MyFirstRTS/Content/StrategyGameAssets/Characters/DwarfGrunt/Anims in the content drawer
  6. Open Idle_1_new and select the DwarfGrunt_R_new skeleton in the list.

Following the above steps, the animation loads into the model in the 5.0 project but not in the 5.3 project.

Since I followed the exact same steps, I think I am not doing anything wrong. But I would still like to fix the issue in the 5.3 project. Any ideas how I could?

I worked around this by opening the source project in 5.3 and then copying the asset over to my project.