Imported animation from Blender is compacted, almost like a goomba from mario

Hey there.

Currently, I’m running into a strange issue involving animations I’ve made within Blender. After importing them over to Unreal Engine, the animation seems to work properly, however, the character model seems squished together with a portion of it sticking through the floor. I have absolutely no idea what to even type into google to find a solution for this so I’m really hoping this was enough of an explanation in order to get some help haha.

Here’s a few pictures of what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hi, it seems like the problem might be in Blender units vs Unreal units. You might want to check what your Unit Scale in Blender is set to. It’s in the Properties panel, Scene tab, Units section. It should be set to Metric and 0.01. If it isn’t and you modify it, you would need to rescale your character accordingly

I actually figured out what the issue was! Previously, I followed along to a tutorial on how to import a character model as well as animations from Mixamo. In order to do so, you want to import the character model first, then import the animation afterwards, but apply it to the character model’s skeleton.

With Blender, you can’t really do this. The issue I was having seems to be cause by trying to apply the animations I’d make in blender to the character model from Mixamo I’d previously imported to Unreal Engine. what I needed to do is select both my armature as well as character model inside of Blender once finished making any animations and importing both to Unreal. This will create both a skeletal mesh of the model being used as well as apply the animation to it. As far as blender export settings, there were plenty of guides online that told me what I needed to do.