Important Message from Epic Games - Phishing Attack

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing a phishing attack. Please DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS contained within emails claiming to be from us (anyone at Epic Games) until further notice, and as always do not give out sensitive information such as login credentials. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please post them here and we will try to answer them.

We are currently investigating and will keep this thread updated as we have more information.

I just saw facebook post about this.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Michal

Thanks for the heads up . :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warning, will be aware

Is this anything to do with the recent hack that effected other epic games things

Hi,

What new about your investigating ?

Thank

just received an email (and did ‘not’ click on it) saying someone had tried to hack into my account… the isp given was 37.130.227.133… seems it is coming from nigeria

Hey northstar, I do not believe that the instances are associated, but will check with the team and try to get an update.

Will check and let you know!

thanks for the heads up. Will stay up about it.

We have not at this time found any correlation between the recent epicgames.com forum problems and the phishing attacks mentioned here. In this case, unfortunately, we’ve fallen victim to a fairly common attempt at compromising business emails and have taken several steps to stop the attack from any sort of continued progression or success.

I sure don’t get it … I mean come on, don’t they know how to just play nice… but I could go on and on all day about humanity :slight_smile:

I think you’re right, I don’t think they correlate in this instance…