Import multiple animate objects as a single animated object?

I have animated a graph (100 3D columns growing in Z scale) in Blender.

Is there any way to import this into UE5 as a single animated object? The “combine meshes” option is not available when importing animations. The FBX does have “Bake Animation” checked on export.
The plan is to add this animation to a map and the sequencer for video work. I’m a video guy, not a programmer :slight_smile:

If there isn’t a way, how would you go about assembling this into a single entity that can be easily manipulated in a UE level? Thanks!

never tried from blender, but in houdini or maya, if you put all the objects under one root, and export to FBX you can import it as skeletal mesh
and it’ll keep all animations

Thank you but I have no idea how to do this. I don’t have any bones, armatures or roots in this, it’s just super simple keyframed Z-scaling of the objects.

there is a way, in the FBX export options look for “NLA Strips” and “All actions”, uncheck both and the animations will be considered as one animation sequence inside Unreal

Thank you but sadly no, didn’t work. I have already tried that. I still got 200+ separate objects in UE.

The problem is, it’s not a game character, it’s a motion graphics-type thing that I wanted to place into a UE map (I use UE for video work). It’s a simple scaling along Y axis of 100 objects, so there’s no bones, no armature, no root. Turns out this can’t be imported as a single animation.

I ended up placing it without animation, it looks good enough with a nice camera move. Thank you.

root is just a top level object, can be a null
can be a cube
just make a cube with a different material be the parent of all the other animated objects you have
then export to UE