Import multiple Alembics at once

Streamlining Alembic Imports in Unreal Engine 5 :video_game::movie_camera:

I’m super excited to share a script I recently put together for Unreal Engine 5. If you’ve ever had to import Alembic files one by one, you know how tedious it can get. This script changes all that by letting you import multiple Alembics at once—massively speeding things up and freeing you from repetitive tasks. :raised_hands:

What it does:
:heavy_check_mark:Batch Import: No more clicking through menus to import files one by one. Just point the script to your Alembic files, and it handles them all in one go.

:heavy_check_mark:Custom Settings: Adjust frame range, material mapping, rotation, compression settings, etc. all within the script.—all built into the script so you can tweak imports however you need.

:heavy_check_mark:Fixes Groom Jittering Issues: For those of you who’ve dealt with hair jittering when scrubbing animations in the timeline after binding grooms to Alembics, this script helps fix that problem. Smooth playback all the way!

This script has been a huge time-saver for me, and I thought others working with Alembic files in Unreal might find it useful too. If you’re into UE5 and often deal with complex Alembic imports, give it a try. It might save you a ton of time.

You can find the required script file and a step-by-step PDF guide to help you get started right here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eOCRkoPi2dF2-NsKZcjn7ILAijFWSuW6