I’ve watched tutorials here and there but… it doesn’t work.
How to import clothes that have morph targets and link them to the character?
In tutorials, clothes seem to be part of the character skeletal mesh. But…
- If I import both clothes and character in one run, skeletal mesh are recreated separatly
- If I import clothes after, as expected they are individual skeletal mesh
- If I try to create an asset in the character skeletal mesh, options lead to think it could work with Apex format, but not with FBX. Apex is not supported by Blender and from what I know, Apex use seems to be considered as deprecated.
- I’ve tried to create cloth with the skeletal mesh import option as a clothing character asset but nothing loads
So… what is the workflow to import clothes and to add them to the character, when :
- The purpose is to be able to change clothes
- Clothes have morph targets
I’ve tried a lot of things but now, I run out of ideas.