Import bone driven morph targets/shape keys Face Rig

I’m pretty new to Unreal Engine and I’m trying to import this 3D character from blender to Unreal for a game project, but I’m having problems when it comes to importing the face rig.

CURRENT SITUATION
For the face rig I used Bone driven Shape keys.
In Unreal I imported the mesh along with the skeleton. So that when importing animations, I could just import the skeleton of the animation and apply it to the skeletal mesh of the character I previously imported. I think it makes sense to import only the Skeleton of the animation right? No need to import and load a whole different mesh for each animation (if I’m wrong please correct me). Everything seemed to work just fine… until I try to import some facial animations.

THE PROBLEMO
I then realized that these skeleton animations don’t have the shape keys animation data, only the mesh has. Unreal can’t automatically connect the moving bones of the face to their respective morph targets. So the bones of the face move but nothing happens to the mesh.

WHAT I FOUND
The only solution I was able to find is to manually redo all the drivers that connect the bones to their morph targets in unreal through animation blueprints.

So that when i import a new animation skeleton with the facial bones, unreal knows how to translate the positions and rotations of these facial bones to their correct morph targets. In order for it to work, I also need to check this Post Process Anim Blueprint.

But I’m thinking maybe this isn’t the best, or correct way to tackle this problem. I don’t know, it just seems like I’m doing it in the not smart way hahaha. I would appreciate any ideas or feedbacks on how I can tackle this problem. Thanks for reading :smile: