_Implemetation on function definition causing unexplainable Linker error

All my replicated functions need to have _Implementation on their .cpp definitions so they dont cause LNK 2005 error but when i do that a green line under HandleFire() apears saying no definition found and i am stuck because I need to put _Implementation to stop linker error2005 but when I fix it it creates more they are

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

MyCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __cdecl AMyCharacter::AMyCharacter(class FObjectInitializer const &)” (??0AMyCharacter@@QEAA@AEBVFObjectInitializer@@@Z) referenced in function “public: static void __cdecl AMyCharacter::__DefaultConstructor(class FObjectInitializer const &)” (?__DefaultConstructor@AMyCharacter@@SAXAEBVFObjectInitializer@@@Z)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

MyCharacter.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: __cdecl AMyCharacter::AMyCharacter(class FObjectInitializer const &)” (??0AMyCharacter@@QEAA@AEBVFObjectInitializer@@@Z)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

C:\UE4 Projects Moving forward\Mighty\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Mighty-4393.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Character.h

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Gameplay")
  void StartFire();

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Gameplay")
  void StopFire();

UFUNCTION(Server, Reliable)
  void HandleFire();

character.cpp

void AMyCharacter::StartFire()
   {
        // call handle fire function
   }

void AMyCharacter::StopFire()
   {
        // stop fire bool
   }

void AMyCharacter::HandleFire_Implementation()
   {
        // firing parameters taking in bool of stop fire
   }

Can you include the full contents of your header file? Double check that you’ve included the following:

#include "Net/UnrealNetwork.h"
#include "Engine/Engine.h"

Also try closing UE4 and Visual Studio, deleting the “.vs” and “Intermediate” folders in your project directory, right clicking on your uproject file and selecting Generate Project Folders, then reopen visual studio and try to rebuild.

thank you for your support it was a problem with that project so I just created new one and it works so if you have this problem I would just start fresh I mean if your project hasn’t got networking implemented yet then it is probably early stages.

Glad to hear you figured it out! :slight_smile: