Implementing Python syntax in conjunction with Verse would be kinda nice.

There are a great deal of virtualized subsystems that would prevent cross contamination shenanigans, so I think Python would be a nice touch and a bit more safe than it used to be. I’d prefer v3.12+, as it has the most in-depth access to generic VarType and ParamType laziness.

There’s more static type PEP than ever before and each major upgrade is enhancing Python’s usability to scale. Attributes are highly advanced and provide nearly as much utility or more than Verse if desired, which would be rather arbitrary to implement wrappers with, if a standard and controlled library were implemented. The similarities are quite striking between Verse and v3.12~ types.

It still has a few security concerns, but a lot of them can be resolved by simply disabling pip and formatting projects in a controlled manner using required attribute wrappers in some syntactically understandable and scalable fashion.

On the other end of the spectrum, fully versioning your own python could also be an option. A memory unsafe implementation of python using only the verse library would take time, but it would at least be semi-possible with a semi-safe whitelist transpiler to regulate the system for debugging and engine injection purposes. Considering that python uses a great deal of internalized code candy though, it’s likely going to be a major undertaking to truly build an interface without implementing some sort of binary interface, which, I’m not sure would be any faster or slower, but it would definitely take a while.

Creating your own version of python would probably be a much larger undertaking than just implementing some verse code-candy syntax changes, but it sure would be nice to have a genuine python interface.