Implementing Forza like Roads

Hi, I don’t know if it’s best to ask here but I am doing a project in which I need roads similar to Forza horizon 4, so simple spline and spline meshes does the work but when it comes to intersections I don’t know how to implement them in best possible way. And don’t know how Forza handles them.

For example one road spline goes and at the end we add intersection (a cross intersection or 3way), and from there other splines but the problem is that if I have a curvy road and I need to add intersection following the curve I can’t until I create another mesh of that specific curve.

Likewise there are many curves, slopes and many types of intersections in forza and I don’t know how they are doing it.

Also if I make intersection procedurally, how will I manage UVs or stuff and adding to it whats the best way to road UVs.

And also as Editor Apply Spline Function doesn’t work anymore with new landscape layer system, how do I do that too?

Great questions. Been wanting to know how its done for a while now

Making procedural intersections takes a lot of time and can be incredibly difficult. I simply had to make individual intersection meshes for every possible road type. Limiting the number of road types would do a lot of good though.

There’s a snapping tool on the marketplace that was free some months back, you could snap roads to intersections with it.

Good Game It’s very fun and exciting, thanks for entertaining me and my friends there

Good Game It’s very fun and exciting, thanks for entertaining me and my friends there