Implementing a mechanic from Rayman 3?

Hi! I’ve been looking everywhere, but I’m trying to figure out how to implement a combat feature from Rayman 3. Basically Rayman has a shot that curves to the side and hits a target, you can see it in action here Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc | 100% Score | The Fairy Council - YouTube . I have learned a decent amount of C++ over the past 3 months and thought it could be something involving line tracing, but I’m not sure how you could trace something like this. Please let me know, thanks!

Hi! There are several ways to do that:

1. Make invisible spline and move Fist along it… Example is here Spline along the object - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums.
    Pros is that you have all visual comfort in editor. Cons is that spline class is big and complex enough…

2. Make a socket on main body and update its position with parabol equation in Tick. After that simply attach Fist to this socket. In that case you are free to change even parabolic parameters at runtime. The example of this can be read from USpringArmComponent. Pros is that with this you have all control. Cons is that all code is by your side

Thank you! I can see how it works a bit now