Company: Booz Allen Hamilton
Position: Immersive Developer, Senior
Location: Troy, MI, USA
Job Number: R0086299
Develop high-quality serious games and military simulations for mobile devices, desktop PC, and AR/VR. Implement new capabilities and features in Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and other applications. Work with the Project Lead to design and architect major gameplay systems and work with designers to create modular features and interfaces. Establish, refine, and follow best practices and coding standards to create well-documented and extensible code that can be easily maintained. Pro-actively communicate with artists and designers and create and maintain project and process specific documentation. Meet development schedules and support the integration and testing of the developed applications. Lead or participate in pre-production planning, design reviews for projects to outline technical challenges, and avoid barriers during the development and help to define technical requirements and development strategies and roadmaps for all projects to drive the execution of them.
- 5+ years of experience in working with AAA game studio production pipelines as a senior or lead engineer
- Experience with contributing to the development of one or more shipped game titles
- Experience with complex C++ coding and design of systems and features for Unreal Engine and Unity
- Experience with Version Control Software, including Git, Perforce, Plastic, and SVN
- Knowledge of all areas of the engineering pipeline in AAA game development, including Unreal Engine and Unity specific processes
- Ability to create and maintain efficient game development processes
- Ability to show advanced mathematical skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BFA, BA, or BS degree required
- Experience with technical leadership as an Engineering Manager
- Experience in a technical lead role developing and launching games, applications, or running a large-scale live service
- Experience in working with Unreal Engine, Unity, CryEngine, or other game engines
- Experience with developing for multiple platforms, including OSX, Windows, PS4, and Xbox One
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Ability to be a self-motivated problem solver that works well independently
- Ability to show a passion for making games
- Ability to lead by example with development of systems and features
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Questions: PM me here, I’m the direct hiring manager for this position.
How to Apply:
Please use the link below to apply for the position. A recruiter will reach out to applicants that best match the desired qualifications/experience.
*This position is an on-site full-time position. Remote employment is not possible although there may be some temporary considerations due to COVID-19.