I’ve used unreal for long time and now I want to purchase a new iMac.
I’m looking into the iMac Pro setup and wonders which configurations should I take for fast and stable game development (using UE), including desktop VR games.
Other than that my usages is standard mobile & app dev, including bacend (though this won’t require the intensive computing power obviously).
Do you have any experience with this computer in any specific configurations setup you can share? or recommend on a prefered configurations?
The base config is
- 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor
- Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
- 32GB 2666MHz ECC memory, configurable up to 128GB
- 1TB SSD storage[SUP]1[/SUP]
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB HB
In my budget limit, the max I can go is:
- 3.0GHz 10-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
- 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
- 2TB SSD
- Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory
As it adds lot of money, I wonder if it’s necessary (I can change only some of the configurations to these configs).
Thanks for your help!