I'm new with this whole crowd

http://imgur.com/a/1ypPm Here is an image, the collision kinda messes up again althought i think it might be the camera angle as well, I look at the wall and i can’t see through it, but whenever i look down i can see through the wall. @Rallii

Are they not shadows? I can’t exactly see what is actually going on there.

No they aren’t shadows, its like it ignored collision and shows me whats through the wall, Like ill stand in the door way, then look down and move left or right, and i “walk” through along the wall and the angle looking down looks like im in the wall, but when i look up or at the wall it’s fine @Rallii

Ah. That’s camera collision. The camera is clipping through the wall instead of colliding. This is pretty normal behaviour. My project isn’t open, but, see if there are any camera collision settings. Check your camera & spring arm.

I checked the camera, and the only collision settings are about navigation, so just one check box lol and what is a spring arm? xD @Rallii

Why not just slap down an invisible flat plane mesh instead to get up the stairs?

Hello and Welcome to this group!

I have no idea what that is @tozan xD and thank you [MENTION=277899]Dacia Kwan[/MENTION] I couldn’t find anything on google so i caved and decided to ask for help ;-;

You don’t get your characters to try to walk up the steps at all, instead you just provide
an invisible collision ramp for them to walk on that is laid down over the top of the stairs.
They did this in Red Editor and other older engines many years ago.

That’s the cheap and quick solution.

But there is Another way to do it which is more advanced, and that is to Adjust the
foot height terrain of the left and right legs of your skeleton to adjust the leg bending
position of the player when climbing uneven terrain like steps and such but you have
to code in the blueprints for this and its a little more complex…

The SpringArm is the parent of the camera. I’m don’t think FP has a spring arm though, so nvm that one, lol.

I have it fixed atm @tozan, but thanks for the idea :slight_smile: but yeah @Rallii I didn’t see many collision settings for the camera :c
@Rallii You still there homie?

Bump @Rallii

Try adding a collision volume to the camera. Not sure if it will work out, but it is worth trying!

Sorry for the late response @Rallii and for bothering you so much ;-; I have looked through a few things and can’t seem to find that, how does one go about a collision volume?

No worries. I am about to pack it in for the night, so when I wake and get back to my project, I’ll look into the camera collision for you.

Click on Add Component, look for the collision category, and try sphere collision. It should shroud the camera better than a box. Make sure to child the collision volume to the camera, so the volume follows the camera specifically. Make adjustments to the size until you get the result you’re looking for.

for some reason it isnt even acting like there is collision whatsoever @Rallii

I am not sure what is going on. Is the collision a child of the camera?

If its a child or a parent im pretty sure it doesnt do anything o.o Do you have twitch app or skype maybe we could talk about it sometime? @Rallii

I have neither. Is the collision volume set to BlockAll?