Download

I'm new to game development. Where is a good place to start or start learning.

The title says it all. I’m new here, and I just want to make a cool game. Where is a good place to start making games?

Get yourself to the official Unreal Engine Youtube channel. That’s the best place to start.

I’m also new, playing with unreal like 10 to 15 days, I started a simple game, I’ve going with my plan, what ever coming in my way to implement the plan into the game I’m learning that particular thing and implementing that into my game with my tweaks so that I can learn that properly and I’m in position that I know without much learning from this point I can 90% complete the game, though that is just simple concept no AI and no custom meshes, after simple things I can get into advance :slight_smile:

I’d recommend checking out Extra Credit’s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06QR-tz1_o making your first game and anything else they do that appeals, then add to that Jezcentral’s advice re Official Unreal Channel, check the learn tab in the launcher for anything you might think you need and then add as much persistence as you have, and don’t forget to check for answers or ask for help either here or the answer hub.

8 hours of basic UE4 knowledge everyone should have.