Im making a Paid Asset for the marketplace focusing in mechanics. May i use unreal learning meshs and textures to show the mechanics better?

I think using unreal engine permanently free assets will make my product visually a lot better. If i can use them, from what developers can i use it? ( I see unreal learning, paragon from unreal too, and other accounts directly related to ue developers)

hi @MayorAquila

So i understand the marketplace asset is just a mechanic?

If so using free assets to demonstrate your mechanic is ok, but you must check the individual licence for each asset to ensure you are allowed to redistribute them in a commercial package, even if its just as a demonstration.

You must also make it aware that the assets are free to download and are not part of the purchase, and credit given where credit is due.

But please check the licence or information supplied with the free assets.
Maybe create a demo using the assets, not supply them, but tell the user to download the assets first before opening the project.

1 Like

The idea is to incorporate only few meshes like that maketplace asset did: Defender: Top Down Shooter in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

He added few epicgames free content

Suggest you contact the author and get permissions for anything you wish to use the assets for.

1 Like